Monday, March 19, 2012

Baton Rouge

Oh Dear Baton Rouge, Louisiana.... how I miss thee.

I do quite a bit of traveling for my job and I hate it. When I do have to travel my family graciously baby sit my son for me. The ONLY problem with that is that they live in Baton Rouge. Baton Rouge is a 7 hour drive from Atlanta. Sometimes I fly which is a lot better but that's money I have to spend on a flight and since my son is 2+, he has to have his own ticket *sigh*. My perfect job would be to make the salary I make now (or more) AND 0% travel. Traveling for work gets OLD, really fast. Plus, the places I travel for my job are not the greatest.

If you would like to read about my weekend (which I'm sure you do :) ) click the link.


Well, I traveled for work last week so my son was in Baton Rouge with my family. My boyfriend (I thank God for him) made the trek to Baton Rouge with me. We left right after work Friday and made it in around 2:30 am central time. We stayed at a friend's house cause my mom's old school and I just wouldn't feel comfortable staying at my mom's house with my boyfriend, whom I'm not married to. Once I'm married then that won't be an issue for me or her.

We woke up Saturday with a full schedule. First thing we had to do was run my car through a car wash to get rid of that nasty yellow pollen. Next was to get my son! I was so excited to see him and he was just as excited to see his mommy. Up next was a birthday party. One of my good friend's had a birthday party for her son at the Louisiana Arts & Science Museum. I was so happy we were in town to attend the party. After the party we took a few pictures around the river, my boyfriend's a photographer on the side. Next, I had to take my son to my sister's house so he could spend time with them. My sister is IN LOVE with him. My son LOVES his boy cousin CJ. Everything is all about CJ.

My boyfriend loves the food choices we have in the Red Stick. Last time we were in swamp land for my cousin's wedding in New Orleans, my sister gave him some boudin balls and he has been talking about those boudin balls ever since! So we stopped by Tony's Seafood for some boudin balls. He ordered 12 and ate 10 of them in a matter of minutes. Smh...

Next stop was back to my friend's house for a crawfish boil. Let me tell you something, those bad boys were DELICIOUS. Do you hear me?!?!?! OMGoodness, I was in heave. Crawfish, corn, potatoes, sausage oh my! *sigh* this is making me miss home. After that, ran a few more errands for my mom.

Sunday we woke up bright and early picked my son up, stopped by my mom's house then hit the road. Leaving home is always hard. It's where I grew up and where my family is. I miss it and I miss them.

Until next time beautiful people

Oh, I promise to the few (if any) of you reading my blog, I'll start adding pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment