Thursday, March 29, 2012

Relationships and Social Media


There are quite a few people who would rather not discuss their relationship on social media sites. Which is perfectly fine. The less people in your relationship, the better. I choose not to discuss my relationship, however I don't make it a secret that I'm in one.

I love my boyfriend, I really do! God sent him at the PERFECT time. He is exactly what I need in my life. Now, I mention him from time to time on twitter but I don't give out our day to day happenings like when we're mad at each other, etc. I even give him a nickname; I just call him "C".

 

It's one thing to not discuss your relationship but it's something totally different when you act as if you're not in a relationship/deny it. I'm typing this because recently I mentioned a guy friend of mines relationship once and he immediately sent me a text to delete it. People know about her on one social site, that's why I didn't think it was a big deal. Knowing who he is and how he is about his relationships, I get it. I deleted it like he asked me to. It still puzzles me though.

I always thought that if a man truly loves a woman he would want the whole world to know.

What are your thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. Interesting question. Back in the day, I linked my bf's and my profile on Facebook. Today, I probably wouldn't do it. I would acknowledge I was in a relationship though. I think.

    ReplyDelete